California Food Handler Card is now the LAW
ON-LINE TRAINING/EXAM $12.95 provided by TAP Series Courses
Offered in English and Spanish
START ON-LINE TRAINING NOW AND HAVE YOUR CARD IN HAND IN A COUPLE OF HOURS BY CLICKING HERE
EMPIECE CAPACITACION EN LINEA EN ESPANOL AHORA PARA TENER SU TARJETA EN MANO EN UN PAR DE HORAS POR HACER CLICK AQUI
Our fully ANSI accredited online program successfully educates food service workers and covers topics that are pertinent in the food service industry.
TAP Series’ unique teaching process allows for a real-time uninterrupted learning experience by using colorful graphics, animations, full motion video, audio and interactive learning exercises.
We provide this media rich training on any data connection, from the slowest dial-up to the fastest broadband. Major university studies show TAP Series courses are so simple to use that people with virtually no computer experience use them easily.
The training provides basic, introductory instruction on the following elements of knowledge:
- Foodborne illnesses, microorganisms, potentially hazardous foods, and understanding of major contributing factors for foodborne illness
- The relationship between time and temperature with respect to foodborne illness, and the use and calibration of thermometers used in monitoring food temperatures
- The relationship between personal hygiene and food safety
- Methods of preventing food contamination in all stages of food handling
- Procedures for cleaning and sanitizing equipment and utensils
- Proper temperature control and prevention of cross contamination.
California Retail Food Code (Cal Code) now requires that food handlers obtain a Food Handler Card within 30 days of hiring. The CA Food Handler Card is valid for three years from the date issued.